|Tibberton Parish Council is keen to fill the current vacancy in the office of Clerk and Responsible Financial Officer (RFO) to provide full administrative support to the Parish Council.
Tibberton is one of the 72 parish/town councils in Wychavon district, Worcestershire and the village is a well-defined community of just under 300 houses sited to the south of Droitwich Spa, with the parishes of Oddingley to the north and Crowle to the east.
Transport links are excellent with the main road through the village, Plough Road, running parallel to the M5 motorway that lies to the west, and the parish boundary to the south abuts junction 6. The Worcester Birmingham canal and the railway between Droitwich Spa and Worcester Foregate Street both run through the parish.
We have a first school, two pubs and a brand-new village hall that we expect to be open for this summer. There are plans to re-use the old village hall as a community hub; both buildings are managed by separate charitable trusts.
Please complete the application form attached here and submit before 31/03/2023; for queries please contact the Acting Clerk, Gill Lungley on 07958 450482.
|Location||The Clerk is expected to work from home and attend the monthly meetings held in the parish.|
|Electorate||533 as at February 2023|
|Number of meetings per month||One full council meeting + one meeting of the Finance Committee, no meetings are held in August.|
|Pay scale||LC2 18-23 (£14.21 p/hr to £15.67 p/hr)|
|Working hours||30 hours per month to include evening meetings|
|Job description and duties
|Job description as provided in the NALC Civility and Respect Recruitment Manual, is detailed on separate document. Duties include:
– Preparation of agendas and minutes.
– Administration of all council decisions.
– Supervision of the Lengthsman scheme.
– Bookkeeping to include all entries to the accounts and regular reporting to council; VAT reclaims.
– The RFO role also includes responsibility for risk management and liaison with the internal auditor.
– Management of website and social media accounts.
– Management of the council’s assets.
– Attendance at training and professional events.
|The applicant is required to have:
· Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
· A flexible approach to working hours and the ability to work effectively and independently.
· The ability to understand and interpret local government law.
· Computer literacy including Microsoft 365.
· An understanding of the use and management of social media including website administration, Facebook and Twitter.
· Skills in financial management to include proficiency in sales and purchase ledgers, monthly financial reporting, budget preparation, managing assets, banking and bank reconciliation.
· A willingness to learn and show a positive response to challenge and change.
· The ability to prepare agendas and take accurate minutes of meetings.
|Qualifications||Ideally the Certificate in Local Council Administration, but those who are willing to study, or are currently working towards this qualification, are welcome to apply as are others who feel their skills and experience would meet the requirement of the role.|
|Equal opportunities||Tibberton Parish Council aims to be an equal opportunities employer and applications are welcome from all sections of the community.|
|Contact||Application form available as separate document and upon application to the Acting Clerk:
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone – 07958 450482.
|Closing date for applications
Interviews are to be held