NOTICE OF ORDINARY MEETING
Published on village hall noticeboard on 1st December 2022
The next meeting of Tibberton Parish Council will be held on Tuesday 6th December 2022 starting at 7.30pm at Tibberton Parish Hall.
The meeting is open to members of the public who are welcome to address the council at agenda item 6 (public forum). Comments and questions may be put to the Parish Council with regard to this agenda or for future consideration. Individual speaking time may be restricted at the discretion of the chairman. No further representations may be made at any other time in this meeting unless invited.
Tibberton Parish Councillors are hereby summoned to attend this meeting of the Council at Tibberton Parish Hall for the purpose of transacting the business detailed on the following pages.
Signed Ruth Mullett, Acting Clerk and Responsible Financial Officer for this meeting
- To note change of staff and introduce Ruth Mullett as Acting Clerk for this meeting.
- To agree three councillors to form a HR Committee to manage the process of recruiting a replacement clerk including drawing up a job description, terms and conditions of employment, hours of work and level of pay.
- Declarations of Interest
Members are reminded that to ensure transparency and retain public confidence in the council’s decisions they are required to
- Keep their Register of Interests form up to date
- Declare any Disclosable Pecuniary Interests (DPI), any Other Registrable Interests (ORI) and any Non-Registerable Interest (NRI) relating to items on the agenda and the nature of those interests.
- To Consider Written Requests from Councillors for the Council to Grant a Dispensation (S33 of the Localism Act 2011). Written requests for the granting of a dispensation to be made to the Clerk in advance of the meeting.
- To approve the draft minutes of the council meeting held on 15th November 2022 and for Chairman to duly sign.
6. Public Forum
- An opportunity for parish residents to raise matters of interest or concern with the Parish Council
- To receive the report of the County Councillor – for information
- To receive the report of the District Councillor – for information
- To receive the report from the local Police Officer – for information
7. To receive the reports of Councillors to ask relevant questions, and decide on appropriate action
- Neighbourhood Watch (ML)
- Community Speed Watch (MR)
- Tibberton Community Land Trust (RG)
- County Association of Local Councils (MR)
- e) Telephone Kiosk Working Group (DN)
- f) Web Site (RG).
- To determine the Council’s response to the SWDPR Regulation 19 Consultation.
- To determine response to Application Number W/22/02374/ADV Unit 7, Curlews End, Worcester Six Business Park, WR4 0AN. 1 building mounted sign to northeast and southeast elevation. Applicant: Alliance Flooring Distribution.
- Highways and Byways
To receive reports of highways (roads & pavements) & byways (bridleways and public footpaths) matters from Members, Parish Paths Warden, and the Clerk
- Concern relating to the safety of pedestrians crossing Plough Road between the east and west footways south of the northern end of Church Lane.
- Lengthsman: update (Clerk)
- Public Rights of Way (RG).
- White Gates
Update on progress (ML).
11. Tibberton Village Hall (New)
- Proposal: to make arrangements for maintenance work which is required before leasing the Hall including heating system adjustments, routine servicing of fire and burglar alarm systems and fire extinguishers, clearing gutters and cleaning windows.
- Proposal: to consider response from Tibberton Community Land Trust concerning the lease
- Proposal: to consider matters related to tenders for a landscaping contract at the hall (details to be considered in private session).
- Proposal: to determine matters related to appointing an independent auditor to carry out a re-examination of the Parish Council accounts for 2019/2020, 2020/2021 and 2021/2022
- Proposal: to work with CALC to produce a report on implementing adequate end of year procedures to ensure compliance with the Local Audit and Accountability Act 2014 and the Local Audit (Smaller Authorities) Regulations 2015.
- To review progress with budget
- Proposal: to check and approve any payments not previously approved.
- Proposal: to open an account with Unity Trust Bank and transfer current account.
13. Correspondence and other matters for consideration and information.
- Letter from South Worcestershire Citizen Advice requesting donation.
- Letter from Wychavon District Council confirming Council Tax Grant support of £711 for the financial year 2023 – 2024 and requesting the Parish Council’s budget requirement for 2023/2024 by Friday 27th January 2023.
14. Items for inclusion on a future agenda
- a) Governance framework for managing data to include but not be limited to freedom of information policies and procedures.
- b) Skills matrix.
- Date of Next Meeting
The next ordinary meeting of Tibberton Parish Council will be held on Thursday 12th January 2023 at 7:30pm in Tibberton Parish Hall.
- To resolve to close the meeting to the public under the Public Bodies (Admission to Meetings) Act 1960 to allow for discussion of confidential matters relating to tenders for a landscaping contract at the new village hall.